Whats on this month. Events and places to visit.
- 6 August : Burwarton Show
- 1 August : Clun Carnival
- 14-16 August : Farmer Phil's Festival
- 7-9 August : Brecon Jazz Festival
- 20-23 August : Green Man Music Festival, Crickhowell
- 31 August : Bank Holiday
- 27-31 August : Presteigne Arts Festival
- 30 August : Sun Inn Beer Festival
- 31 August : Purslow Show
- Croft Castle (NT) every day
- Berrington Hall (NT) every day
- Stokesay Castle -every day
- Ludlow Castle -every day
- Ironbridge Museums -every day
- Acton Scott -Sat - Wed
- Judges Lodging -Tues - Sun
- Hergest Croft Garden -every day
- Gigrin Farm Red Kites -Tues - Sun
- Elan Valley Dams
Our office is open every day 9am to 5.30pm. All our cycling and walking holidays are available this month. To book and check availability on your selected holiday, call Kay on 01568 770755 (outside UK 44 1568 770755), or use the easy on-line booking form (orange button). See you soon.
Average Temperature 19 - 21C
Daylight hours 16 hours
August is the peak holiday season for families as schools break up for the summer. But in the English Welsh borders, you never need to worry about crowds (they all go to the seaside!), and our quiet country lanes continue to be quiet and a joy to cycle. There are still lots of special events to enjoy from the Clun Carnival to the Presteigne Arts festival. The weather remains hot, but with the occasional summer downpour. The farmers are watching the weather as they gauge the best time to bring in this harvest this month.