Top 5 things to do in Bishops Castle on your Bike Tour
Nestled in the Shropshire Hills, right on the border with Wales, Bishops Castle is a traditional market town on an ancient Drovers route, with a vibrant local community; there is always something to do..
You stay in Bishop's Castle on the following bike tours: Kerry Ridgeway cycle tour, Country House Cycle Tour, The Slow Food Cycle Tour and Wild Edric's Way walking holiday. and you pass through on all our Shropshire cycling holidays
Here are the things not to miss:
1. cobbled streets, ancient houses, full of character. Visit the House on Crutches Museum and the ancient Town Hall, and the Resource centre (railway museum) to find out about Bishops Castle's history; From the Drovers to Clive of India
2. Lots of events; From the Summer Carnival and Agricultural show to the world's only Tandem Triathlon, Beer Festival, music, a stone skimming championship and finish the summer with the Michaelmas Fair - with a huge rally of traction engines & vintage vehicles. Time your holiday to join in the fun - see our calendar
3.Great Food and Drink. Bishops Castle is home to two breweries; The Three Tuns and the Six Bells. The Three Tuns is the Uk's oldest working brewery and offers brewery tours. All the pubs, specialise in home cooked food, with local ingredients.
4. Town tours of this historic centre are on Saturdays and Tuesdays, they start at 6.30. Tours last about 1 hour and start at the Church Lych gate near the Six Bells pub.
5. Culture & Music - check out Broadsheep which lists music events around town. And visit the community run Sparc theatre for live shows and film screenings (the centre also has a swimming pool and leisure centre). And of course browse in the shops of the local crafts people & artists.
6. Have a great stay - at The Castle Hotel on our Wheely Wonderful Cycling holiday